This past October Tom Batterman, President of Financial Fiduciaries, had the distinct pleasure of attending the NAPFA Fall Conference. While these events are always a great time to catch up with other like-minded fiduciaries, they are also a wonderful way for our team members to get tips and advice on how to provide the best possible services for our clients and advocate for them as a fiduciary. With that in mind, here are just few of the amazing sessions Tom was able to attend:
- Economic and investment outlook
- Income tax and estate tax developments and related planning implications
- Trends in charitable giving
- Fixed income investing strategies in today’s low interest environment
- Social Security Optimization
- Minimizing cost and maximizing coverage under Medicare
NOTE: One key take away from the Medicare session was the important reminder for individuals turning 65 – it is important to apply for this benefit three months before your 65th birthday to ensure that you receive your benefits on time.
In the coming year, we look forward to sharing the information we gained with our valued clients as we work to provide the best and most logical financial and investing advice for their specific situation.