From the Desk of Charlie McCullough
As the husband of a medical doctor, I am well aware that the long hours and countless demands of this profession can take a toll on a person. My wife, Lisa, is one of four physicians in a thriving medical family practice. While she has a skilled staff of nurses, nurse practitioners and physician’s assistants, as well as countless administrative professionals, the burden she carries helping her patients maintain their health can be great.
As a general rule, we try not to bring work home. When we step through the front door, our goal is to make the rest of the day all about family. Our main priority is to be there for our children and ensure that we capture all of those special times together. However, there are times when the priorities of running a household can get in the way of these plans. As a homeowner, there are maintenance responsibilities, as parents, we have various roles we need to play – volunteers, cheerleaders, tutors, etc. Add to this the groceries, neighborhood commitments, extended family gatherings and life can get very complicated.
All of this is to say, that sometimes, we need to put affairs such as our financial planning in the hands of a reliable professional. An Individual we can trust to manage our investment portfolio with our best interest in mind. This is why I am glad to work with the experts at Financial Fiduciaries. There are many benefits to putting our financial affairs in their hands. Here are just a few:
- Investment research – My advisor provides me the inside information on all of my options so that together we can make qualified and informed decisions about our financial future.
- Peace of Mind – In a volatile economy, there are many things to consider when selecting investments. Financial Fiduciaries helps me understand how things like rising interest rates and changes in the international markets will impact my portfolio’s performance.
- Qualified Advice – There is a lot of investment advice out in the market. But how much of it is really qualified? The team at Financial Fiduciaries helps me understand the latest investment trends. I no longer have to worry about inflation, deflation, currency wars, commodities and precious metals, annuities or if I should consider long-term care insurance. Because we work together to create a comprehensive plan I know that my portfolio is designed for the best possible outcome for my future goals.
- Tax Planning – Being in a higher tax-bracket comes with hidden tax concerns. My advisor at Financial Fiduciaries not only provides investment advice, but also helps me understand the tax implications of my choices.
- Estate Planning – My advisor works with us so that we can direct where our money will go when we are no longer here. We know our children and favorite charities will be taken care of if something should happen to us.
If I didn’t work with the team at Financial Fiduciaries, these concerns and many other financial and retirement planning considerations would take up our valuable family time. They offer the serenity that Lisa and I need in an otherwise hectic life!