With economic uncertainty looming all around, the world has never been more stressed out. Brexit has left questions and even fear in the minds of investors as they carefully consider their next financial move. With economists predicting that the worst is yet to come, many are asking us, “How do we deal with all the stress?”
As weird or unorthodox as it may sound, many companies are turning to Eastern philosophies to help their employees work through stress and become more centered. Companies like General Mills, Google and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters have adopted company yoga classes, meditation rooms and mindfulness training programs to help employees relieve stress and anxiety. Here are five ways meditation and relaxation practices can help you to feel less anxiety with regard to your financial outlook:
- Meditation provides a strong sense of calm and control that has staying power. It can reduce the sense of panic that often arises in times of market uncertainty and allows investors to look toward the future in a more clear-headed way.
- Relaxation techniques allow the executive functioning sections of the brain to operate more efficiently giving greater concentration and an ability to focus on solutions rather than fears.
- Meditation offers the ability to see the bigger picture without being clouded by future concerns, thereby forcing you to concentrate on the here and now. This allows you to consider ideas that you may have previously dismissed.
- Without the distraction of stress, you are better able to focus without the added concerns of physiological symptoms and fears intruding upon your thoughts.
- Meditation can be effective in relieving the issues associated with depression.
Here’s another way to handle financial stress-hire Financial Fiduciaries to look after your financial interests. Let us worry about the details and the vagaries of the investment world. Here is our mission.
Our mission is to zealously represent the interests of our clients in their financial transactions and dealings. Our clients have funds that require proper stewardship, but do not feel they have the time, interest or expertise to properly discharge these responsibilities on their own. They hire us to perform these duties for them, and we make the decisions they would make themselves if they had years of training and experience and the time and expertise to fully research and understand all of their options.
Sources: http://bhwealth.com/how-meditation-and-mindfulness-can-help-alleviate-financial-stress/ http://www.oprah.com/money/5-Ways-to-Cope-with-Financial-Stress-and-Anxiety http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-a-dedman/financial-mindfulness-the_b_5567377.html